Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation for Dry/Normal skin

OK, so I wanted to find a nice drugstore foundation for everyday wear since I didn't want to quickly run out of my high end foundations.  I was hesitant to purchase Colorstay but WTH, it was less than $10 at Wal-mart.  Plus, I've heard great reviews on the product.  I own Photoready but I really dislike using it bc of all the shimmers.  Plus the shade is a bit orangey for me.

Anywhoo, back to Colorstay.  I picked up the shade in Fresh Beige from the Dry/Normal formula.  This shade is perfect for my skintone.  My favorite to apply this foundation is with my flat top Sonia Kashuk brush.  I get a nice natural matte finish that doesn't need to be set with powder.

Pros:

  • Wide variety of shade selection (10+ shades)
  • 2 formulas (dry/normal or combo/oily)
  • Coverage is light to medium
  • Buildable coverage
  • Natural matte finish
  • Lasts up to 10+ hours
  • Pretty good at being transfer resistant
  • Price (about $10 at Wal-Mart/Target)
  • Kind to my sensitive skin =)
Cons:
  • No pump
  • Dries rather quick
  • Has a strong "makeup" scent (my husband noticed it...LOL)
Would I repurchase?  Yes, most definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment