Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First Impression/Swatches: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

I finally found these suckers after going to 2 Rite Aids. I originally heard about these new lip butters from BentleyBlonde on Youtube. Lucky for me Rite Aid was have a 40% off sale on all Revlon products. Regular retail price is $7.50(?) but I paid $4.49 each. My Rite Aid's display was pretty new/full so I counted there to be 20 different shades and I grabbed 11 out of the 20.




1. Packaging is similar to regular Colorburst lipsticks except that the lip butters lid is frosted see thru w/ a clear top so you can see the color of the lip butter. The color of the packaging is similar to the color inside the tube.

2. Scent is light to none at all.

3. Pigmentation is quite well for a lip butter.

4. Retail price ($7.50) is quite expensive for a drugstore lip butter but consider it being on sale for less than $5, that's alright. I'd be more satisfied it was around the range of an EOS lip balm or Maybelline baby lips ($3-4).

5. Formula is soft, creamy and conditioning on lips. It also leaves a glossy sheen.

6. Lasting power is about 3-5 hours.

Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple, Cotton Candy, Berry Smoothie, Cupcake, Sweet Tart



(First swatch is 1 swipe and second swatch is multiple swipes - no flash)


Creamsicle, Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake, Creme Brulee, Pink Truffle



(First swatch is 1 swipe and second swatch is multiple swipes - no flash)


My favorite has to be Strawberry Shortcake(a milky pink) and Creme Brulee(a sheer nude).

That's it guys! I hope this review helps those of you who are interested in getting this product. Leave a comment and let me know if you've tested these items out and which color is your favorite.

Till next time, Smexyz!

3 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you commented on my blog--i love yours!!! wonderful swatches!! i really want to get strawberry shortcake and pink truffle as well!!

    http://beautiesinbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a post on these! Thanks, new follower <3 If you'd like, please check out my blog beautyvigilante.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see I am not the only one obsessed with Revlon! I love your collection...

    Follow me at http://a-hearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete