Thursday, February 13, 2014

Swatch/Review: NYC City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color

Every brand and their mother...sisters...cousins...are coming out with twistable lip crayons.
Today, I'm going to share with you the NYC City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Colors (that was a mouthful!). I believe there's 12 shades total in this line and I have 9 of them.

 
(L to R) Nolita Neutral, Park Slope Peach, Brooklyn Brown Stone, Riverside Rose, Fulton St Fuschia, Ballroom Blush, South Ferry Berry, Gramercy Park Plum and Roosevelt Island Red.

Now onto the swatches!

Nolita Neutral - a beige nude
This one is a bit chalky looking because it's so beige and pastel looking. It's decently pigmented. This shade washes me out and makes my lips look ghostly and dead.

Park Slope Peach - a peachy nude
This shade is same as the one above in my opinion but I do like this one better bc of the peachiness.


Brooklyn Brown Stone - a neutral brownish pink. 
This is a "my lips but better" shade for me. This has to be one of my fave.


Riverside Rose - a pinky/rosy mauve
This one is more on the sheer side so you will have to build the color up.


Fulton St Fuschia - a bright pink
I didn't like the application of this one. It was uneven and didn't build up as nice as the others.


Ballroom Blush - a vibrant red pink
This one is beautiful.


South Ferry Berry - a bright true red
Nothing "berry" here to me but I love me a classic red.
 

Roosevelt Island Red - a red/orange
This is another sheer one but builds up nicely.

Gramercy Park Plum - a berry red plum
This is another one of my favorites. It's so rich in color!


Price:
You can find these for $2.99-3.99 at your local drug store (Rite Aid, CVS or Walgreens)

Packaging:
These lippies come in pencil/crayon form and have a clear, plastic, slide-off top. The top does stay on nicely but I'm not sure about just throwing it your purse for on the go. The packaging for each is colored in the same color as the product (some are more true to color than others).

Quality/Formula/Wear:
The two nudes were more dry/chalky. I do recommend wearing a balm under these two.
Riverside Rose and Roosevelt Island Red were more sheer and needed work to build up.
Fulton St Fuschia didn't apply as evenly as the rest.
All the other shades were pretty consistent in feel on the lips and pigmentation.
All of them (minus the two nudes) are very creamy and comfortable on the lips.
The reds and berries do leave behind a stain but I didn't notice any staining with the nudes, neutrals or sheer shades. 

As far as wear time, after about 30 minutes to an hour, it does lose it's fresh glow. I say glow because it's not overly shiny/glossy. It dries to a semi matte finish. Color will fade if you eat or drink. Once the color sets, I do notice it will accentuate lip lines and/or any dry patches.

 Have you tried this line? Which shade is your favorite? Leave me a comment below.

1 comment: