Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Skincare Staples: Cleanser & Moisturizer & Lip balm

Being in the hospital for a while now made me realize what I can't live without...and all that I need...the essentials...the necessaries...the MUST HAVEs.


Mary Kay Timewise Age-Fighting Moisturizer
This moisturizer comes in 2 formula (Normal to Dry or Combo to Oily).  MK claims this product to be suitable for sensitive skin, oil & fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, and to be full of antioxidants to help your skin to look/feel smooth and radiant(when used with the Timewise 3-in-1-Cleanser).
I use the Norm-Dry formula.  This indeed is great for my sensitive skin, is oil & fragrance free and it does not clog my pores.  I like how fast the product sinks into my skin and how lightweight the product is but yet moisturizing.  I've been using this moisturizer religiously for about 5 years.  I do have and use the 3-in-1 Cleanser also but not all the time bc it doesn't do a very good job at removing makeup.  

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser
Aveeno claims this product to be suitable for sensitive skin, Oil/Soap-Free, Noncomedogenic, Hypoallergenic, helps to improve skin's tone/texture and clears up blemishes.  Product contains Salicylic Acid and Soy extracts.
I must say, I've tried a few HE foaming cleansers and have not been impressed like this one.  I love how this cleanser doesn't strip my face of any moisture(keep in mind I have dry skin).  I've tried other foaming cleansers by Shiseido and Estee Lauder and I did not enjoy either.  The HE foaming cleansers lathers up quite nicely and feels nice on the skin but they leave my skin "squeaky" clean and tight and ...ugh...just a dry, thirsty mess!  Aveeno's however, leaves my skin feeling soft and balanced.  This cleanser removes makeup decently.  I've been hooked on this cleanser for about 3 years now.  I do test/try other cleansers here and there but I never forget about this baby here.

Blistex Medicated Lip Balm Spf 15
I have super dry/flakie lips and I can't live without this balm.  I love that it not only moisturize but soothes the lips too.  It has a minty effect/feeling that I enjoy.  It also have spf to protect the lips from sun burn.


No comments:

Post a Comment